Business transformation and executives’ performance
In order to lead a company to success, the key challenge lies mainly in the implementation of the strategy and not in its conception.
Your strategy leads you to transform your company, to shift gear, as well as to seek levels of considerably better results. You must radically and durably change the performance model of your company, be audacious and innovative, adopt new operating modes and new professional behaviours :
- Customers must be placed at the core of the company and your teams must learn how to listen to them, how to anticipate their expectations, how to bring appropriate answers and how to fulfill your company's commitments ;
- The decision-making must be as close as possible to the field; on all levels of the organization, each employee must show initiative, anticipation, innovation and risk taking. The managers must learn how to create an environment which favours these professional behaviours ;
- Excellence in the processes and continuous improvement are key success factors for your company.
The obstacles :
- The communication of executives is often too limited to a speech of intention ;
- The weight of hierarchy does not provide the freedom needed by entrepreneurs ;
- The management of performance is pinned down, lived in a unilateral way ; perceived like a procedure of the HR function, it is reduced to a yearly appraisal with remuneration as its main concern.
The stakes :
- The executives must promote initiative and exchange their ideas with those who implement them ; breaking down the strategy into concrete operational objectives, leading and controlling the progress towards the objectives, quickly taking corrective measurements, promoting the professional behaviours which are key factors of performance and sustaining the contribution / remuneration dynamics ;
- The employees can implement the strategy :
- If they understand the priorities of the company, and how they can contribute to them ;
- If they clearly know their roles and responsibilities, if they know at all times where they stand with respect to the set objectives, and if they know how they will be assessed ;
- If they have the management framework enabling them to deliver the expected performances ;
- If their contributions to the results of the company are actually recognized.
Performance model and appropriation by managers and employees
We help you
- To establish the objectives of your company : expressing the strategy within a balanced frame of concrete operational objectives, and establishing the cause and effect relations between the four following fields of performance : economic performance, customer performance, process performance, infrastructures/ support performance.
These objectives gives consistency to priorities and objectives of the company on all levels of the organization : each employee can understand his contribution to the global results of the company (simplified Balance Score Card method) ;
- To specify and create the desired culture of work : evaluating the main gaps with the current culture of work : what is there to preserve and get rid of within the current culture, what needs to be changed, what are the slowing-down factors ?
- To develop methodologies for projects creating value : privileging action, gathering various competences, proceeding from idea to project, accepting risk ;
- To define the management system of performance : determining the components of performance (mastering of the role : mastering of permanent missions and professional behaviours, and achievement of the objectives : a few prime objectives, linked to those of the company); defining the management cycle of performance and implementing it into other management processes of the company ; setting up the performance piloting system including the key measurement indicators ;
- To clarify organization : clearly allocating the responsibilities, identifying the cooperations, and ensuring that the roles and the missions are well understood ;
- To identify individual and team key competences : the more complex one role becomes (autonomy, initiative, risk taking, customer orientation), the more its performance will depend on behavioural competences ;
- To optimize key processes : bringing these processes close to customer relationship, and making sure that actors do understand the ensuing implications in their roles and for their performances; integrating continuous improvement in the performance requirements ;
- To train managers : implementing the appropriate management styles, and creating a favourable working environment for entrepreneurship and performance ;
- To optimize a remuneration policy : setting up recognition methods enabling to value entrepreneurship and to value individual and team performances, in the short and medium term : set individualized remuneration linked to the mastering of the role assessment (completed missions and acknowledged behaviours), variable remuneration (short / medium term bonus, extra bonus, shareholding scheme) linked to the achievement of individual and collective results ;
- To give a meaning to change : according to the stakes of the company, the strategic objectives, and the methods used ;
- To draw up the roadmap of transformation of your company : setting the priorities, to succeed in setting up a true culture of entrepreneurship and performance.
Implementation of the performance model
We help you
- To launch and to follow-up growth projects : according to the strategy and the priorities of the company ;
- To clarify roles and permanent missions : specifying the performance criteria, identifying the measurement indicators, specifying the necessary steps, and formulating the efficient competences as well as professional behaviours ;
- To identify and assess key people and potentials : identifying, developing, and preparing the take over ;
- To define prime objectives : with reference to the balanced objectives’ scheme of the company, to the units’ specific priorities, and this by stating the expected behaviours ;
- To recognize and motivate : by taking into account the entrepreneurship dimension and individual and team performances ;
- To coach : following-up the progression of teams towards the objectives, filling a professional blank, modifying a behaviour, taking corrective measures in order to reduce gaps of performance; but also making management styles evolve to develop a favourable climate for a management of entrepreneurship and performance ;
- To monitor : analyzing results, diagnosing strong and weak points, identifying fields of improvement and progress, communicating global assessment.
Integration of the performance model within management processes
We help you
- To verify coherence and relevance of your processes : for your policies and management practices as well as human resources management to constitute the appropriate levers to promote the culture of entrepreneurship and performance ;
- To assess and develop the leadership of your managers : to have competences and tools required in order to be true actors of people management as well as to be the promoters of the desired culture ;
- To set up or make the Human Resources function evolve : to adapt its positioning, its organization, its competences to the role you assign within the company; and to clarify the respective roles of the managers, the Corporate HR Department and the HR managers.
Compensation engineering : the trigger of the company's transformation
New strategy, merger, acquisition, takeover, LBO…, the pace of change is increasing.
Success depends on the executives and their ability to execute these transformations.
Remuneration issues having become one of the major triggers of the Company’s transformation, they must be tackled well in advance.
These issues are particularly complex as much is at stake and the implications many. In order to be properly managed, they require extremely diverse skills and a high level of expertise.
Therefore it is necessary to be able to master and to combine the programs of the Company’s transformation with the engineering of the compensation package.
ESSERE ASSOCIES brings you this dual expertise, which enables remuneration to fulfil your objectives of transformation.
Engineering of the compensation package
Company officers, executives, senior VP’s, managers, sales people…
Diagnosis of the compensation package
Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the current system, and identification of the areas of improvement (for an executive and/or a team)
Custom made design adapted to the management’s objectives and the specific needs of executives and employees (by level, by sector and individual), implementation
Creating short-term and long-term bonus systems (STI, LTI, rolling bonus), collective systems (profit sharing, PEE…) identification of the relevant performance objectives
Selection of components, setting up an optimized leverage compensation package in the case of LBO or LCP®
Choice, construction and optimization of the various forms of shareholding : stock-options, restrictive shares plans, BSA, phantom shares, employee shareholding
Conception of compensation packages for international subsidiaries or of international mobility packages, split payroll, missions abroad
Tax and social optimization
Optimization for the Company and for the employees of the various components of compensation, locally and abroad
Breach of contract
Diagnosis, risks and opportunities, combination with unemployment benefits, retirement or new employment, negotiations and settlement
Evaluation, benefits optimization, implementation of complementary contribution’ systems
Company’s transformation and change management
New strategy, merger, acquisition, LCP, LBO…
Change of strategy
Values, culture, mission statement, communication
Roadmap of change
Identification of transformation leverages and selection of priority actions
Assessment and selection of executives, team building, leadership development
Clarification of organization and roles
Establishment of transverse functioning modes
Management of performance
Setting up the balanced framework of objectives (balanced score card), measurement indicators (KPI's) and performance management system
Key competences for success
Definition of skill references (leadership, key positions), and integration to HR processes
Management of talents
Assessment of potentials, succession planning, career management, talent development
Realignment of HR policies and methods
Ensuring consistency between the HR processes and the Company strategy, repositioning of the HR function
Remuneration, Salary, Executive compensation package, Corporate governance consultant, Executive compensation consultant, Status of corporate officers, Gouvernance, Corporate governance, Remuneration, Committee, AFEP-MEDEF, Say on Pay, Corporate officers, Executives, CEO, General shareholder meeting, Compliance, Human resources, Change management, Performance management, Training of executives, Taxes, Optimization, International mobility, Expatriation, Protection of executives, Unemployment, Retirement, Breach of contract, Insurance plan, Bonus, Incentive, Management package, LTI, Stock options, Restricted stock unit, Performance share, Phantom stock, Share matching, Warrant